Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Saw the roof or trolling what they Budweiser can,lol Definitely gonna have to try some little tiny shrimp if they're not working call some on the heater For an afternoon snack. Anybody try little cat food, They like it that's all I'm gonna say.
I'm NOT being rude but......WTH are you trying to say Bill? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
888 Posts
My go to musky lure.. View attachment 777772 to
lol..when i was a teenager my dad and i each caught a few skinny 15ish inch lmb in an overpopulated lake on that lure...after, we retired the lure and it used to always be on his xmas tree as an ornament. I bet he still has it somewhere.

As far as the op...catfish, lakers, kokanee salmon, browns, rainbow trout all have been victim to shrimp from my line...used to love using an icefishing jig called a shrimpo for perch and crappie as well...heck that thing caught 22 inch cuttbows and northern pike too...shrimp are big time fish food.

·
Premium Member
30,118 Posts
Since we're talking perch baits, how about single salmon eggs or small pieces of skein? I know whitefish love them. Thinking of cureing some up this year and trying.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
It will work, I use the rubber eggs, red,orange and green. When they stop hitting on minnows I will drop one down on the hali jig and it's game on. Sportsman direct has a ton of different colors. Sure franks has them also.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
A white perch is not a perch at all. They are a member of the yellow bass family and are invasive in Lake Erie. Heard the DNR planted them for another game fish, but I think they probably just came through the Welland canal. Tried shrimp on bluegill and ponded them sometimes, luck with perch has not been productive. Mostly caught white perch. Have banged the perch on white perch strips.
BINGO! If Skinner says try strips of scaled,filleted White Perch, I’m gonna do it. He’s never been wrong.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts