Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Have about 4 doz. set right now. So far 3 fox and 3 coyotes. Should get off my butt and set some more, but I've been hitting the rats hard also. Just not enough time in the day.

Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got one wednesday morning first time for me just started this snaring stuff. I have 9 snares set out there was 10 but that one is shot now. need to get more I really like this. Now I need to learn how to skin and fleash out.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Thats the thing about snares. They are nice and cheap to buy, but only one time use with the coyotes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It was a coyote . if I knew how to post a picture I would new to this board. I always was reading this other board varminthunters.com lots to do about hunting varmints and guns but mostly in the western states.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I'm setting in both. At the fences where they have been going thru and in the thorn apples and tag elders where their trails are. I am also setting under foot bridges and atv bridges where they have been walking down the middle of the frozen streams and creeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
nothing today or yesterday. I have most of them set along the river no new tracks just deer tracks havent even seen any rabbit track since the big snow . Seen these sqealing rabbit calls that run 24 hours for 7 days $25 run on a 9 volt battery. Thinking about getting one putting it in the middle of the field set snares around it see if that helps. Oh ya did skin it and fleash it out took me awhile, had to call my taxadurmy couple of times for advise and even took it over there and had him look at it . He said I done a good job for being the first one now just need to let it dry and send it to the tannery. Ready fof some more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts