21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
the grand coho get upriver first,kings may make downtown first some years

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
My prediction is the grand coho will get upriver (let's say to the old Lyons dam) in fishable numbers on the full moon preceding the equinox.:rolleyes:
u mite b right, but i did catch a wish fish today, n he said if i let him go. he'd tell me when the coho's would show up, so i flipped him back in he river, n just before he hit the water, he yelled " WEDNESDAY" i hope he's right because if he lies he knows i'll feed him to a pike next time

·
Registered
422 Posts
u mite b right, but i did catch a wish fish today, n he said if i let him go. he'd tell me when the coho's would show up, so i flipped him back in he river, n just before he hit the water, he yelled " WEDNESDAY" i hope he's right because if he lies he knows i'll feed him to a pike next time
Ok ok..... i should probably change my fishing plan. I wonder if that ho might have meant Wed. of NEXT week. If so, i just need to delay my plan by 2 days. If this week, i need to get out of my chair and start doin' stuff.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Every fall i and other upstreamers wonder when a fishable number of hos will show up near the area where most were planted. It appears that bob's wish fish gave him accurate info for the area he was fishing, so this morning i decided to try the same approach. I went to a couple upstream spots hoping to get my own wish fish..... but i failed. So, lacking any local from-the-fishes-mouth info, i'm sticking with my 'full moon' prediction.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
My prediction is the grand coho will get upriver (let's say to the old Lyons dam) in fishable numbers on the full moon preceding the equinox.:rolleyes:
i hope your right, but, i'll give that wish fish (bluegill) untill tomarrow morning, if i don't here there gitum below the dam, that dirty lying wish fish will be my target, at lease till the steel get here,,,,,,,,,,,grrr

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
glad to know that the wish fish didn't lie, according to Wilsonm (DNR} they were some at webber dam today so they musta come threw here some time yesterday, i'm glad, nothing upsets me more then a lying fish

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'm planning on going down to check it out this evening.

Reactions: slowpaya

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
How’d it go?
There were a few fish porpoising. I tried spinners and spawn, but the only catches were 3 small catfish, a little smallmouth and a foul hooked sucker

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Around 3" of cold rain, cold temps coming. How's this going to set things up for the weekend? Assuming river will be rising throughout Saturday and Sunday. I wouldn't think it would be blown, but it's going to pickup a few cfs! One thing for sure, it will be putting fish in the river. Will be out there this weekend somewhere in the Wilds of the Grand

Reactions: wdf73
21 - 40 of 51 Posts