Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like usually by this time of year, I am seeing reports from 6th street. Any action yet this year?

Reactions: christopher jones

·
Super Moderator
5,704 Posts
King salmon should be in the rivers now to begin spawning.

Coho salmon will make their run much later in the season after the Kings.

Some spawn as late as December and into January.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
King salmon should be in the rivers now to begin spawning.

Coho salmon will make their run much later in the season after the Kings.

Some spawn as late as December and into January.
There always seems to be a run of early coho in the grand. I looked over my old pictures and it looks like around Sept 11 they have showed up most years. I just haven't heard anything this year.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Ya no coho by nov last yr on grand or tribs...run is early..

Reactions: concentroutin

·
Registered
680 Posts
The early coho on the grand died guys. They frickin’ cooked before they could drop back down to the lake. No it’s not climate change.🙄.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did some die sure did they all not a chance.
Same thing on here year after year there’s no fish the run is done there not coming. There will be fish and but we need rain what little we got yesterday didn’t bump e river. fished above GR Saturday for anything with crawlers and stopped by a few small cold water feeders that always have fish in front of them early and nothing there. Fished down from Johnson park Monday extremely low water went way down and up to 131 saw a few suckers that’s it very few fish sighted for how low and clear it is and caught a few smallmouth here and there.
until there is a lake flip or some rain it will be slow going. Big lake guys won’t be telling us much for a while with the winds we had and that are forecasted for a while.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Same thing on here year after year there’s no fish the run is done there not coming. There will be fish and but we need rain what little we got yesterday didn’t bump e river. fished above GR Saturday for anything with crawlers and stopped by a few small cold water feeders that always have fish in front of them early and nothing there. Fished down from Johnson park Monday extremely low water went way down and up to 131 saw a few suckers that’s it very few fish sighted for how low and clear it is and caught a few smallmouth here and there.
until there is a lake flip or some rain it will be slow going. Big lake guys won’t be telling us much for a while with the winds we had and that are forecasted for a while.
You hit the nail on the head but that's why you go and find out for yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
i agree with what ya said, double on the we need water, did find a fresh dead king a few days back, we need rain

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
the balloning coho must come soon...rain or no

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Nevermind on the forecast I earlier stated. See a 90 for a high again and mid upper 80s lows not too low... (n)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Nevermind on the forecast I earlier stated. See a 90 for a high again and mid upper 80s lows not too low... (n)
Did ya get a tip fish were in or something? Ha. Just kidding.

Reactions: Swampbuckster
1 - 20 of 51 Posts