Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
341 - 360 of 413 Posts

· Registered
3,064 Posts
Things finally lined up for me to make the drive over to jig the river on Sunday. Go figure...now I'm not sure the weather is going to hang on for me. Rain/snow may muddy things up pretty bad...and colder temps have me worried about ice Sunday morning. UUUGGGGHHHH!!!! Things just don't seem to be working out for me in the fishing world this fall/winter. But I'll keep an eye on things the next few days and see how she's looking.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
anyone try pulling 3 way bottom bouncing plugs? slow troll into current? seems this would be perfect for tough conditions in that river keeps lure in strike zone rattles color vibration just sitting in front of walleyes nose kinda like handlining
I tried it a few years ago. Not going to say that it doesn’t work, but it sure didn’t work for me

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

· Registered
1,315 Posts
anyone try pulling 3 way bottom bouncing plugs? slow troll into current? seems this would be perfect for tough conditions in that river keeps lure in strike zone rattles color vibration just sitting in front of walleyes nose kinda like handlining
3 to 4 weeks ago when the bay was too rough to get out a few guides were trolling the lower river and slamming big fish.

· Premium Member
12,634 Posts

· Premium Member
12,634 Posts
Reactions: Matt3ddsteel

· Registered
3,064 Posts
Anyone willing to share any jigging reports from yesterday? Or hoping for some from today. Probably going to make the long drive over tomorrow. Looking like ice "shouldn't" be a problem tomorrow yet...but a bit concerned about mud. The numbers don't look too bad on the flow charts...but I'm no expert;) Rivers over here in W.Michigan are running high and muddy this morning. Any info/input would be appreciated...thanks!

341 - 360 of 413 Posts