Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 413 Posts

· Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes no answer is the answer lol
I guess so. Regardless I’ll be out on the river somewhere Saturday, probably the mouth to the Edson. I’ll report back. A couple years ago, couple buddies and I fished the Edson area mid October. We were the only trailer in the lot and only seen a couple other boats pass by. We did pretty good that day
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Road surface

· Registered
3,064 Posts
Perch fished downtown B.C. today till 11:00 and not a boat on the river but the coastguard. No walleye caught from shore or keeper perch.
Buzz kill!!! But thanks for the report. Still considering Saturday…but a 2 hr drive. But wife is busy all day and night…and I got a dandy buck Saturday so taking a few weekends off before hitting the woods hard again. Might be my last chance to hit the river until Thanksgiving time. And I’ve never been on the river in October. Might be able to find some farm critters. Decisions decisions!!!!

· Premium Member
31,759 Posts
Thanks for the reports. We will be out for sure Saturday around 830ish. Going to start by the Edson and make our way to the mouth. So they charge at the Essexville launch? Just curious.
Not at the launch across river from Edson. Just go over bridge, stay right and right at the next light(Johnson st). It will dead end at the launch. ;)

· Registered
3,064 Posts
Did you guys get much rain yesterday? Just checked the flow charts and the turbidity graph is kind of screwy. Still thinking about giving it a shot tomorrow. But I have little confidence as it is...sure don't want to make the drive and have it super muddy. Also trying to decide between my usual areas out of Z-Bridge or if I want to go explore the Bay City area. When fish push in early, do they usually linger near the mouth for a bit...or just push up following the shad? Leaning towards launching out of Bay City...if nothing else, learn that stretch of the river a little bit. Or stay home and save the gas/deer hunt...decisions decisions.

· Registered
3,857 Posts
Did you guys get much rain yesterday? Just checked the flow charts and the turbidity graph is kind of screwy. Still thinking about giving it a shot tomorrow. But I have little confidence as it is...sure don't want to make the drive and have it super muddy. Also trying to decide between my usual areas out of Z-Bridge or if I want to go explore the Bay City area. When fish push in early, do they usually linger near the mouth for a bit...or just push up following the shad? Leaning towards launching out of Bay City...if nothing else, learn that stretch of the river a little bit. Or stay home and save the gas/deer hunt...decisions decisions.
Didn't get enough rain to mess it up.

· Registered
4,885 Posts
I would expect some stragglers slipping into the river but nothing serious unless we get a good rain to bring the water up enough o push some fish in the river. Thinking about hitting the SCR myself until the sagnasty turns on.

· Registered
3,064 Posts
I would expect some stragglers slipping into the river but nothing serious unless we get a good rain to bring the water up enough o push some fish in the river. Thinking about hitting the SCR myself until the sagnasty turns on.
I thought about the SCR too...but the Sagnasty is a little more forgiving than the SCR with 15-20 mph winds;)

· Premium Member
12,634 Posts
You guys are right. It's early and wind cranking up near 25 in Bay City tomorrow afternoon. I'll go out and enjoy the home woods in the morning. Good luck to all those that give it a shot this weekend!
I am with you. The weekend doesn’t look good so I think I will spend the time as I have the rest of this week (excluding Tuesday with Ralph) filling up this second corn crib base! This is good for these cool days!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 413 Posts