Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I got a 798 si hd on black fri. for $425. Pretty nice unit. I sent in the transducer in and swapped it for the trolling motor one. (came in 4 days) for free from hummingbird. The biggest help is knowing what side of the boat the fish are on.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
37,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Southend. Maybe I will wait til black Friday. It wasn't a "special" model or anything for that price?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought the 798ci HD SI Combo unit from W Marine on close out. I have been struggling with the set up of the side imaging 4000 watts PTP.
Have not been able to mark the anchor chains from the buoys on the channel. So have been using the unit for GPS with Nav chip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the 598ci si. i have had problems with the gps function disappearing completely out of the machine. i have found if i completely unplug the machine after each trip i dont have the problem. otherwise it works great. i have sent the unit out to humminbird and they said it was fine but the problem has happened again after they returned it. like i said since i have been unplugging it after each trip and it has worked flawlessly. side imaging is neat as i am coming into the harbor seeing the buoy chains and dock poles ect.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I have an 899 and as with any other sonar unit and boat I've owned...I wouldn't complain if it was bigger, and could not imagine squinting at a smaller one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts