Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been reading a lot about truffles and truffle hunting which generally takes place in Europe and also in Oregon. It turns out that there is a truffle species native to Michigan, the Yellow Furrowed Truffle (also called the Michigan Truffle). Is there anybody out there that is familiar with this plant, or rather fungus, and perhaps knows where I could locate some?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I had a friend from work years ago who lived over by Briggs Lake near South Lyon.
He used to find them under the drip line of the Oak trees on his property. I think he verified what they were though U of M if I remember correctly.

That's all I've got on that subject!

I am a veritable cesspool of useless and uninteresting information!

old

Reactions: bigswig

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a friend from work years ago who lived over by Briggs Lake near South Lyon.
He used to find them under the drip line of the Oak trees on his property. I think he verified what they were though U of M if I remember correctly.

That's all I've got on that subject!

I am a veritable cesspool of useless and uninteresting information!

old
Actually, finding them under oak trees is just a tidbit of info, but still useful. And at least I know that I should be able to find them here in Southeast Michigan. Thanks for the reply!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts