Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has fished in the Grosse Pointe Club Marina before ??? It is the marina just North of the delphine channel.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Those are all private, especially difficult with that one being little club/not a residence access. Last year you could walk out to the Delphine and fish over it (first time I've witnessed tracks out there). But never had luck finding those fisherman to ask how they did.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have family in GP and get access to one of the marinas, I'm not sure the name of it but I fished it quite a bit last year and did great early season, then just good in the middle and then really struggled at the end. I caught quite a few really nice perch, a small musky and a few 30 plus inch pike. I saw a couple pike that had to be pushing the 40 mark. I would offer to take U with me since I fish alone a lot but I took a couple buddies last year and my uncle got some complaints so now it's family only. If u have someone that can get U in it is wort it!
PS. My buddies and I where very respectful. No swearing, said hello, gave people space, and did not leave a foot print at all.

The secret to life is to live..

·
Registered
550 Posts
I don't think it was a snob issue, more of there is only so much room. There was 5 or 6 permanent shanties and several other fishermen on the ice...

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gratefulfisherman used to fish the GPYC and put the smackdown on big crappies
I remember seeing a post or 2 of someone being able to get into the GPYC every now and then and they just hammered the crappie. Will definitely look into making this happen in the near future.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
My brother fished it a couple times last year with a friend that got him in. They caught some big gills and a few nice crappie but it was slow while they were there. His buddy sent him a picture from there the other day.....lots of big gills and crappie.

·
Registered
550 Posts
My brother and I fished GP city marina today and FAILED. Saw a ton of dinks along with LM Bass, Crappie, Gills, and pike( a couple huge ones). We threw everything we had at them and they where just tight lipped. We fished from 830 - 300. Only caught 1 nine inch perch and a hammer handle Pike. But it was still a great day with my brother.
Also the ice was 8-10 inches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts