Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody ever add a float to an existing crawler harness.
slip on and slip off when you dont want one .
I know they sell them when tying your own rigs.
also please let me know where I could buy local ,macomb area near by or where to order from.
or maybe a home remedy.
thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
anybody ever add a float to an existing crawler harness.
slip on and slip off when you dont want one .
I know they sell them when tying your own rigs.
also please let me know where I could buy local ,macomb area near by or where to order from.
or maybe a home remedy.
thanks
Have fished that way with wind blowing by drifting crawler rigs and a very light split shot that does not pull bobber under water. It is a great way to get your harness farther from the boat helping you to catch walleye!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
225 Posts
Why yes I have made some like this one
20130713_155414.jpg

Reactions: captinal

·
Registered
317 Posts
they make little bobbers for ice fishing that has a slit down the side to slip it in then a tooth pick type border to hold it in place.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I believe the original poster is asking about a floating bead that is built into the harness, and not a float (bobber) that goes onto the line. I have purchased a few harnesses with the floating bead already on the harness, and never saw one that can be removed without cutting the line on the harness & slipping the floating bead off, but I agree with what was already said, just take the harness off and put a different one on if you don't want the floating bead on it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i take the styrofoam floats made for crawler harnesses and put a slit in side with a razor blade. lets you be able to add or remove without retying.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I use scheel’s brand and Mack’s tackle “pill” floats on a lot of my crawler harnesses with very good results most the time. Chartreuse, white and pink are my favorites to use
E20D2E04-4359-47BC-A19E-52522023CE87.jpeg

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have never added a “float”, but I carry a syringe w/needle in my tacklebox to inject crawlers with air to give a different presentation.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I tie harnesses with steelhead spin-glo's and wobblers in lieu of a spinner blade. They work great when the fish are up off the bottom. I've use them both in the river and the lake.

Ken

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I Use floats all the time. Keeps me clear of hang ups and generally get bit more with a float on than not on. Active fish have no issues going up to hit a spinner rig.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts