Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to drive the Ranger out on the bay has anybody else done it yet. planning to go out east side Saturday. They dont skip over cracks like a sled does.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
We are waiting. I have a friend that took out his Rhino last week (with no problems that I know). However, I've seen too many hairy situations that I have "grown patient" in my old years...

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
If you do go I hope I see you. I'd follow one of those anywhere. If that does'nt go through then my sled surely won't.

It's like driving on a mine field now. Snow covered and you have no idea what you're running across. Remeber it was in the low 50's here just a few days ago and alot of the ice blew out and around. Lots of thin area's all over. Some places it goes from 8" to 2" in a very short span. That's in 15' of water. This weekend is going to be very interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Very interesting to say the least! Gonna get the equipment ready for the good ice, so in a couple weekends you'll see me out there. Lots to do with so little time. I cant wait but I will for a little longer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that has been my biggest consern about the inconsistent thickness. 8-10" NO prob.. 2" NO Way. Thinking going with my gut and wait. Figured with the weight of it loaded it would be running about 1500+lbs. Better to be safe then a sorry stat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts