Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
No I'm not.

I do think it's funny they chose the photo that they did of a herbicide that's clearly not glypho...you'll never see a farmer using that much precaution handling glypho as the person that is pictured. Propaganda.

·
Banned
5,220 Posts
We've had this discussion before.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tamar-haspel/condemning-monsanto-with-_b_3162694.html

Samsel and Seneff didn't conduct any studies. They don't seem interested in the levels at which humans are actually exposed to glyphosate. They simply speculated that, if anyone, anywhere, found that glyphosate could do anything in any organism, that thing must also be happening in humans everywhere. I'd like to meet the "peers" who "reviewed" this."

After reading the paper, I had to wonder -- who are Samsel and Seneff? Seneff is a Senior Research Scientist in the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab at MIT. Her advanced degrees are in electrical engineering. She describes herself as having "recently become interested in the effect of drugs and diet on health and nutrition." Samsel describes himself as an "Independent Scientist and Consultant," and, for the last 37 years, has run Anthony Samsel Environmental and Public Health Services, which does "Charitable community investigations of industrial polluters." I think it's fair to say they probably went into this with a point of view.

Btw, this post took me about 3 1/2 seconds to "research on the internet". Try it sometime.

Boy it's going to be a long winter. At least we can keep warm with flame wars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts