Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after I had a look at Getaway's winter project I was woundering if anyone else had any winter projects going?
C'mon you know what I mean!!
live wells?
Casting decks?
Seats?
Rebuilds?
Restos?
Electronics?
Rigging?
Trailers?
Down Riggers?
Planer Masts?

I don't care what it is,,if you have a winter project going lets see some pics and hear about it!!!

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not exactly what I had in mind Mike but at this point I will take it! lets see some pics,,,I need some action! I have resorted to working on snowmobiles and it is not getting it!!

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to be pushy but lets get that camera going:D :D :D LOL

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Here is some of my finished custom ice rods. It's my uncles design but there all hand made by me.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Thanks Tonga,
I curently have about 25 of these ice rods laying around my house, ive tried to stick them on ebay but never got any bites. So i guess im lucky to have a kick a$$ arsonal of custom ice rods.

Carl

·
Registered
14 Posts
****, those are pretty nice. Considering as far as icefishing goes you really dont need anything more than a tree branch. On my best rods i still attach the reel with duct tape. It would be nice to have something comfortable. You should probably try posting them on here... u got the greatest market in the world :D

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alexei289 has a pretty good point! it is the season!!

·
Super Moderator
3,182 Posts
Beautiful workmanship Fishcapades. If I had made those rods, I don't think I could sell any of them....lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm putting new carpet and decking in my SeaNymph BT165. I had to replace the front deck & carpet last spring so I bought enough carpet to do the whole boat. I found some rot under the carpet so I'm replacing some of the wood also. Since I've got your attention.... it looks as if the main floor was installed before the live well and side compartment. Does anyone have any experience with this boat?

Man I can't wait 'til spring!!

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dcclubs lets get that camera going!

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK I think this might help,,,a few pics have a look! ............

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The engine is a Allison 250-C18 Turbine out of a Bell Jet Ranger Helicopter!
The Boat belongs to Eric Licht,,,Eric is one of those people who make me look sane!!
The boats best speed so far is 91mph,,at this point the boat is starting to be held back by the low placment and the hydrodynamics of the stock style gear case,,so the next move is a race style gear case and then to move the key-hole up a bit.

·
Super Moderator
37,855 Posts
Wow. Does he run that on LSC?

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nope she has made her way to Long Island NY,,where Eric lives ,,she has been around but I belive she is home for good now..
I think I implied that Eric was insane in the above post and I should not say that,,I mean I understand how things like this happen,,,you know you got Turbine engine sitting around then start looking at the old Glastron down the road,,well sooner or later it's bound to happen..
I have seen things like this happen before like say a wrecked Kawasaki KZ-750 and a Go-Kart,,,did not seem like a good idea at first but the more you think about it ,,then the next thing you you are putting it togeather
This is why I am very careful about what I keep sitting around the garage!!
I have some more pics of the final drive set-up and the fancy stuff it took to get it all to work with the boat,,I will see if I can get them up later

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
seeing how i have had no luck with a used trailer for my 16ft deepv i will end up removing the coil springs and add a leaf spring design. of course the welding and rebuilding of it will be fun, it would have been nice to just scrap the old trailer and slide the boat on another. when i get going maybe i will post a pic.:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts