Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited the local Goodwill store with my family looking for some work shirts and such when I came upon a plastic container that I almost overlooked except for the words TURKEY CALLER set off an alarm in my brain. So I picked up this box and investigated further. It was like no other turkey call I had ever seen before. The writing on the box says "#708 Turkey Caller" and underneath that is written " Black Duck Game Calls of Whiting, Ind. 46394.
It is a friction call slate and peg style but the pot is cylindrical with an open bottom. Aproximately 1 1/2" tall and 2" across with a small circular piece of slate on top. The peg is 2 peice with a 1/4" dowel which sits inside of a round peice of hollowed out wood and sticks out only an inch. It has all the original literature and box. It doesn't sound good as the peg is no loger glued securely inside the larger peice of wood. I was wondering if anyone has seen one of these before or knows what this call might be worth? I just had to get it when I saw it because I am a call maker myself and am fascinated by the variuos materials that are used to replicate the sound of a wild turkey. Any info would be appreciated!:D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am having trouble uploading the pic I have of this call with it's box and literature. If you know of another way to get it on here I would appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts