Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to hit the lake tomorrow, probably Port Sanilac. Any info would be appreciated.

Harry

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
No report but a little advice, "rubber long johns" :lol: I came home early the monsoon was going to town up there, did manage 4 walters 16"-22" before the wind blew me across the lake dragging the anchor. But with that wind I learned a new trolling method 3/8 ounce jig heads 30' down in 45' of water, I got the 2 bigger ones that way :evil:. Good luck out there tomorrow. Mike

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Arrrrrr..........great weather for catficious.:16suspect:evil:

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Harry, as far as rain hear goes I really don't have a rain suit per say. I was wondering if you think it would be too warm for snow pants? That's about the best I have - Bryon

'Bout time you got back Mr.Wagner :lol:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Lookin forward to gettin out, rain or not... I cant be picky on wat and when i get to go so it wont be the first trip with chitty weather i been on da boat with Harry...:lol:

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DE82,

I have a rag top with sides so there will be some protection. We got the fish pretty close last time out so we won't need to go deep(I hope). I have some rain pants and a spare coat if you need them, old, but better than nothing.

fasteight,

Yeah, we've been out there in some pretty go weather. I don't want to put the new motor throught that though. We'll have to hit that catfish waypoint of mine, worked out pretty well last time(74 FOW).

K-roger,

Offer still stands if you want to give it a try. You might have to chase that Joeker fella out into the rain with you. Lots of walleye out that way this time of year. With the overcast, they might stay active all day close to shore.

What ever happened to "The Dog House"? Has he posted lately?

Harry

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I believe i got an extra rain jacket too, a little heavy but better then nuttin... a little rain wont be to bad, we have had some pretty good luck in ugly weather...:lol:

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
riceken21,

We get them pretty much through out the day, but more toward evening.

Check your PM's for more info

Harry
ficious on ch. 68

Probably the only boat out there tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just found an extra pair of rain pants if we need em.. :D

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll bring my rain coat and hope for the best if I need anything extra it's good to know you guys got me covered. Any word yet on when we'll know for sure if we're going plan A or B? - Bryon

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
DE82,

I have a rag top with sides so there will be some protection. We got the fish pretty close last time out so we won't need to go deep(I hope). I have some rain pants and a spare coat if you need them, old, but better than nothing.

fasteight,

Yeah, we've been out there in some pretty go weather. I don't want to put the new motor throught that though. We'll have to hit that catficious waypoint of mine, worked out pretty well last time(74 FOW).

K-roger,

Offer still stands if you want to give it a try. You might have to chase that Joeker fella out into the rain with you. Lots of walleye out that way this time of year. With the overcast, they might stay active all day close to shore.

What ever happened to "The Dog House"? Has he posted lately?

Harry

:16suspect:16suspect:evil:

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Dad said he doesn't have rain pants either so if both you guys can bring the extra you have that would be awesome, sorry for having to ask.

Man what a rough football season, UM loses(and looks bad) My Patriots lose Tom Brady for the year :( Hopefully we can get some fish tomorrow - Bryon

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
what are the forecast winds up that way for tomorrow? I know the remnants of Ike are on their way and that may gust it up a bit...

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
K-roger,

Harry
Mr "catficious", I appreciate the offer of equipment and such, but after consulting various forecast and weather radars and the furry cockroach I keep in a butter dish on the window sill, I think the "SS Double Coupons on Sunday" will stay dry docked this weekend. You guys be safe out there accuweather has the winds really picking up tomorrow. Good luck, Mike

·
Registered
6,098 Posts

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, looking like between the weather and that damn trailer, I'm going to have to scrub the trip. I'm beginning to think it might be in the truck wiring and I can't get into that in the dark and rain

Let me know if you got my PM.

Harry

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
You put it back the same way it came apart.:16suspect I mean ......it did work for a few seconds before we lost it in the jiggling. Don't think its the truck wires.

you got a plug set-up on the motor home....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts