Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Any thoughts about this Dipsy app?

1916 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Stand By
Saw this on the google play site. Its called Dipsy Troller v3.0 and its just an app that lets you see the dive curve for most of the Luhr Jensen trolling products, I think.

So, does anyone use this and if so can you tell me how it works for you? The thing about apps like this and the other big one (Precision) is that you have to trust that their "data" that they base these things off of is accurate and not just "guesstimated". My feeling is that this stuff is a little easier to use on a rocking boat than flipping through a book and is really just intended to help you get a close starting point.

Anyway, thoughts, opinions or actual experience is much appreciated.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I’ve never tried the app. I use this chart to get close. Current & speed will have an effect also.
Font Paper Paper product Bottle Ink
Thanks. Yeah, I've got a few but I can never seem to find things like that when I need to (from experience). Sometimes I'll tape them to the lid of my lure boxes but I kind of like the "app" idea for keeping the information accessible and organized. I was also thinking about just taking a picture with my phone and putting all those pictures in their own "album".
I’ve never tried the app. I use this chart to get close. Current & speed will have an effect also. View attachment 760111
Yep, that’s a pic in my phone. I run slide divers & this year wire divers. I just keep em in photos.
Reactions: Baybum and ETW
Fish hawk makes a clip on depth finder you can use to make your own depth curves. The fish hawk TD. It just takes time to clip it on your line then reel back in... I have one that Ive used to check musky lures. Ill be using it this year for dypsys.
Reactions: ETW
If you REALLY want to know where your dips are running get a fish hawk clip on unit (I can't remember what the name is I have one they work great)
I've looked at that Fish Hawk TD. I was seriously considering it and then just decided to make the X4 a gift to myself next year. In the mean time I'm going to play around with that app for the Dipsy's. It has most of the Luhr Jensen trolling products and the DW divers and some other stuff included so all in all, for $8 I guess its kind of complete.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Just know that the X4 will not tell you what depths your dipsys are running.
Yes. But I was looking at the FH system mainly for speed and temp at the ball. I figure by the time I step up to a real Fish Hawk next year I will have a pretty good idea from experience where my wire divers are running. But thanks for the heads up.
Just know that the X4 will not tell you what depths your dipsys are running.
I laminated a few of those charts as well as lead/wire line charts. Punched a hole in a corner of each and connected them with a split ring. Can hang it anywhere or lay on the dash and not worry about them getting wet. If you really want to be fancy, attach a key float.

Wondering about the depth finder attachments to the dypsey. Would it alter it's dive much when comparing a diver without the attachment?
Thanks. Yeah, I've got a few but I can never seem to find things like that when I need to (from experience). Sometimes I'll tape them to the lid of my lure boxes but I kind of like the "app" idea for keeping the information accessible and organized. I was also thinking about just taking a picture with my phone and putting all those pictures in their own "album".
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.