Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to the Frankfort area this weekend (with hemish) and am hoping to land my 1st steelie. Just wondered if anyone has seen any spring run steel? I heard alot of suckers have been caught and a few winter holdovers too.

Thanks Dan

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Your timing is excellent for steelhead fishing up here. Yes, they are swimming, they don't really "run" ya know!!!.........LOL!..........Just a bit of humor in a forum where there has been a paucity of such lately.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Whit.... my brother and I appreciate your guidance:) Yes, I agree with your comment about the "dearth" of humor here lately:D :cool:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Was up yesterday at one of those small NW rivers and only saw one on and one go airborne. Another guy was draggin one away. That's 3 fish total for like 40 guys. Not much going on, I am thinking the big push hasn't happened yet. All I saw were darkies.

So here's the water will go down some and the fish move up and turn on. Kind of discouraging for me and all the guys I ran into.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never fished the x river . What size is this river comparable with? I'll have to get my map out.

·
Registered
348 Posts
rivers x,y,z are holding fish.Possible usage of waxes,spawn,plugs,wobble glos,flies will take fish.Looking in areas of gravel helps.Good luck have fun.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll chk the weather. I've heard some rumors of bad weather:mad: :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts