Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on the D today? Headin out to look for some Ski's action in a couple of hours n just wondering if anyone's on Loc with any current Intel....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Today we set aside the day to spend 8 hours throwing nothing but prototypes of possible new Bondy products. It was very hard not to pick up a regular Bondy and jig. We tried three new shallow baits and two deep ones. All we had to show for it at the end was two small follows....glad I have a nice dumpster to put them in never to be seen again. Back to jigging tomorrow... until I think of something else.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
Today we set aside the day to spend 8 hours throwing nothing but prototypes of possible new Bondy products. It was very hard not to pick up a regular Bondy and jig. We tried three new shallow baits and two deep ones. All we had to show for it at the end was two small follows....glad I have a nice dumpster to put them in never to be seen again. Back to jigging tomorrow... until I think of something else.
I’ll take em!:)

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
We went out for 2 hours tonight, came around the corner and saw nothing but white caps and tried anyway....3' rollers easy, didn't even have to jig, just put in a rod holder, lol....I couldn't even hear the elec. motor beep up or down 1/2 the time....jigged 1 hour then trolled 1/2 way home....

Nothing but a little sun and a little spray, almost got tossed out of bow after a cruiser went by, lol....seriously, lol....cheers....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep....was a tuff day on the river, had one follow up and snuffed it and a couple of GOOD swipes...or maybe those were weeds? but at the end of the day came off the water wanting....but hay, I think the rollers helped out my jigging action..lol...oh well, be back at it tomorrow.

·
41,379 Posts
Yep....was a tuff day on the river, had one follow up and snuffed it and a couple of GOOD swipes...or maybe those were weeds? but at the end of the day came off the water wanting....but hay, I think the rollers helped out my jigging action..lol...oh well, be back at it tomorrow.
Wait were you casting or jigging?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Threw big bucks at a few weed lines that presented some good looking opportunity tho.....but no luck...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tried jigging both the Wizzard Shad and a black Magnum with the glow tail...Thank you Jon They performed beautifully despite my inability to present them correctly to any willing and hungry Musky...but gonna go after it again today!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Ya. One day can't be indication of success/failure... been skunked with you jigging before!
So true. I still haven't caught a musky on the musky jigging rod that I built 3 years ago. I've caught plenty of other fish on it including a few nice sturgeon. I think I might leave that rod at home this weekend.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts