Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody doing any good from qsea to Seb couldn't get out this weekend am going next weekend and Taking my mom out for her first time on the Bay hoping the fishing is still good have been fishing the slot from qsea up to Seb and pulling limits just wondered if they have moved out yet haven't seen any reports from that area ?

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
My buddy and I got 7 18" to 22" keepers right out of Qsea Saturday. Fished from 7:00 to 12:00 out to the plug and back with no luck. Should have stayed close. Headed out deep right off the bat figuring the heat and all. Got all of them in 8 FOW between noon and 4. We got the 7 keepers and nothing else!. Used crawler harnes in every color and depth combo we could come up with, with no luck. Ended up getting every one with Hot-N-Tots off planers and handlines. Kind of a pain cleanning the seaweed off the boards and Tots continually. But that is where we found them. This was my first limit ever. Would post pix, but it's a pain here.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I have did well on the east side all summer long in years past.. . there are fish in shallow all summer.. just gotta find the PODS ...!!. Tight lines. ;)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Banned
788 Posts
heard from a guy at the dock the slot was fantastic the first hour or two of daylight. They said they picked up 9 in the first hour

·
Registered
602 Posts
We've been doing very well on the land side of the bar on the 14' line for the past two weekends. This morning we went into 12'-13' and they were snapping, lots of fish out there and they're hungry! We used spoons behind discs Friday and crawlers the rest of the weekend. No real hot colors for us, anything worked. Started out between QC and Sunset and just worked 'em over. Good luck out there!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea sounds like things are still popping out there think i will launch outa sunset next weekend and hit my usual numbers thanks guys

·
Registered
438 Posts
The deep water just outside the outer reef is smokin hot. We pulled a 5 ticket Friday, and a 6 ticket today in 22-25fow straight east of the sparkplug. Nicest size I have seen in years, maybe 15 or more years. One went on the wall Friday for one of my buddys, and two could have today, but ended up in a frying pan. Lots of limit catches at the Lindys cleaning station in Quanicassee today from that whole area spoken about above.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
My buddy and I got 7 18" to 22" keepers right out of Qsea Saturday. Fished from 7:00 to 12:00 out to the plug and back with no luck. Should have stayed close. Headed out deep right off the bat figuring the heat and all. Got all of them in 8 FOW between noon and 4. We got the 7 keepers and nothing else!. Used crawler harnes in every color and depth combo we could come up with, with no luck. Ended up getting every one with Hot-N-Tots off planers and handlines. Kind of a pain cleanning the seaweed off the boards and Tots continually. But that is where we found them. This was my first limit ever. Would post pix, but it's a pain here.

Think I figured out posting pix. If so, here they are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts