Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I'm up for a long walk in the snow with my shanty tomorrow and I'm thinking about sticking closer to shore and bringing a spear. I normally walk straight out (due east) about 3/4 mile.

Any info on water clarity or fishing action of late in that area would be helpful.

Thanks in advance. I will report back on Monday.

Brian

· Administrator
18,725 Posts
A friend of mine lives there and fishes daily. About 10 days ago he told me that it has been dead for awhile now. That is al that I have heard.
<----<<<

· Administrator
18,725 Posts
Thanks Joe. You try Bradenburg lately? Ice is probably iffy there huh?
Sorry LakevilleLaker, I didn;t see your question until today. I was out in front of Brandenburg the week before last (before the last snow storm). I was out about 1/2 mile and the ice was still good at about 10 inches. The only thing out there were dinks, and I only managed a few keepers. I didn't even bother going out last weekend, but my guess is that the ice is holding up. It may change later in the week depending on how much rain we get. In any case, the ice within 100 yard of the pier should be good for quite some time yet.
<----<<<

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.