Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am lookin for a cabin type site in the area west and south of the Soo.Family oriented and good fishing. slightly remote,with canoeing and hiking. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------
"Birds are wild because they have to be. We are wild because we prefer to be." Jack Miner

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK since I didn'tget a response about Ontario. How about the UP?A Lodge or resort with cottages for rent on a medium to smallish lake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man there are tons and tons of such places!
Get out your maps and go to google/ fishing ONTARIO that will get you started. Quite a number of the resorts offer referrences that you can check.
In the U.P. There are a number of smallish water kind of places in Schoolcraft and Alger county with a lot of tiny drive in lakes available for canoe expeditons. A lot of these you might find in some sort of Snowmobile registry?
It's usually windy up here and the larger lakes tend to be kinda open and therefore choppy for canoeing.
There is also some real nice impoundment/ backwater areas on the Menominee river in Menominee county that would make outstanding canoeing and there is tremendous fishing as well.
Hope this helps a little!
Chuck

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
It might be too far away but this is the Camp I go to in canada www.ghostrivercamp.com
They are very friendly,the service from Guides is excellent,the food is great, and the cabins are fully equipped. It takes two days to drive there from Ionia if case you dont know is only 35 miles west of Lansing or east of Grand Rapids

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Check out Powell Shores Lodge centrally located in the upper peninsula in Munising. http://www.powellshoreslodge.com is a modern furnished lakefront rental. It comes with a boat and canoe. It also has direct snowmobile trail access. Its in the Hiawatha National Forest. Almost 1 MILLION acres of public lands to hunt, fish, hike, moutain bike or just plain ole' explore. :fish:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts