Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone had any current info for the pentwater / silver lake areas. It's the Ludington offshore this weekend so I would like to try farther south.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here is a report for you out of PTW. Fished by myself yesterday and went 5/6 limiting out at 9:30am. There was a nearshore area between the port and the point where the water had flipped. Short slick line in about 45 fow. 44 to 46 degrees on the cold side. I fished that with 2 color and 3 color lead and rigger 15 down. Got a good 5:30am start and the first fish on flounder pounder 15 down and 150 back. The rest came on lead. 2 on 2 color with bumble bee spoons and 3 on 3 color lead with moonshine stripetastic.
Lately I have been fending off the skunk and getting 1 or 2. That was my first limit catch since 2013 when I had maybe 5 limits for the year. That was a fun fish. I needed that. When the water flips that is a dependable highly productive pattern. But it moves in fast, you make good on it for a couple days and it is gone just as fast.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aarrowhead nice job on the limit!! And thank you for the detailed report. Flounder pounder is usually my first one out!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts