Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the chance for myself and my son to take a doe(s) if we prefer out of the Metamora area this weekend for early antlerless.
Not a common weekend, anyone know where I could take a deer to get processed late Saturday or Sunday morning in the area?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Uncle Henry’s in Troy
1331 Piedmont ave
Troy 48083
Right off I-75 at Rochester road
248 740 8755
Just dropped one off Saturday from the youth hunt.
Always do a good job, snack sticks and summer sausage is phenomenal

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uncle Henry’s in Troy
1331 Piedmont ave
Troy 48083
Right off I-75 at Rochester road
248 740 8755
Just dropped one off Saturday from the youth hunt.
Always do a good job, snack sticks and summer sausage is phenomenal
Thanks I'll call them, my BIL dropped one off on Sunday. Just looking at their website, Saturday and Sundays look to be closed- listing they would be open for liberty/youth hunt..nothing about this weekend. hopefully they will be open later Saturday or early Sunday for early antlerless.

·
Administrator
17,824 Posts
It might be a drive, but Weiss' Meat and Deli on M-29 (23 mile Road) in Chesterfield is usually open for the EAS. They have done deer for me, and do a really nice job. If no closer option for you, I'd give em a call.
<----<<<

·
Registered
234 Posts
Coursers north of Lapeer said they’ll be open until 9 for drop offs. Smokehouse usually doesn’t stay open late for early antlerless. I believe they close at 6 on Saturdays and Sundays. Might want to call to confirm though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Coursers north of Lapeer said they’ll be open until 9 for drop offs. Smokehouse usually doesn’t stay open late for early antlerless. I believe they close at 6 on Saturdays and Sundays. Might want to call to confirm though.
Thanks for that tip. They seem to have latest hours on Saturday even if a bit north. Maybe we can get er done in time Saturday.
Uncle Henry's meats says they are open for this weekend hours of 10am-2pm.
Weiss Meats- Sat 10-7pm, and Sunday 10am-6pm.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks I'll call them, my BIL dropped one off on Sunday. Just looking at their website, Saturday and Sundays look to be closed- listing they would be open for liberty/youth hunt..nothing about this weekend. hopefully they will be open later Saturday or early Sunday for early antlerless.
I just talked to them as I was picking up my kids deer from Saturday. They will be open from 10-2 for drop offs this Saturday and Sunday for EAS. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Unless you only gun hunt why screw up your area shooting a doe in the heat.Got 3 months for a doe.Give you something to hunt in December.

·
Registered
12,692 Posts
Unless you only gun hunt why screw up your area shooting a doe in the heat.Got 3 months for a doe.Give you something to hunt in December.
How does it screw anything up? Southern michigan farms I could shoot a doe every day and see 10 deer the next day....or even later the same day.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
How does it screw anything up? Southern michigan farms I could shoot a doe every day and see 10 deer the next day....or even later the same day.
All I know is I just have as Amal area to hunt by my house 20acre high weed field.I hunt the back by woods usually get pics every night after dark of does and bucks.When I shoot a buck and I have to retrieve it in woods 60 70 yards I don’t get any pics of bucks for 4or 5 days just few does

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My kids earn access to hunt here by splitting wood for the landowner to hunt, specifically for youth hunts. This was prior to owning our own land in NWLP, but I still have them do it. We can count over 50 does in the fields on many a given night- we call it the deer parade. My objective is teaching hard work and get rewarded... they know no that hunting isn't this easy everywhere else. I would not hunt this hunt on my place up north due to your initial comment.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
My kids earn access to hunt here by splitting wood for the landowner to hunt, specifically for youth hunts. This was prior to owning our own land in NWLP, but I still have them do it. We can count over 50 does in the fields on many a given night- we call it the deer parade. My objective is teaching hard work and get rewarded... they know no that hunting isn't this easy everywhere else. I would not hunt this hunt on my place up north due to your initial comment.
Sounds like your teaching your kids to be good hunters

1 - 14 of 14 Posts