Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondering if any of you fish Brest Bay. If so, is there perch in there this time of year? Also is there a public access launch for Brest Bay? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The perch are more towards Stoney Point. Just look for the pack of boats. As far as public launch Sterling State Park.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Yes, there are perch in Brest Bay-all over the place. Many guys tend towards Stoney because that is a traditional-easy to find and reference area. Yes, you can look for the packs of boats, but more often than not, they are just sitting there staring at each other.

I have found the most productive method by far is to run to a general area and stop intermittantly and watch your fish finder. If you mark fish, let 'er rip. If nothing in 10 minutes-move. Repeat until you find fish. Start in close and work deeper. Look for mudlines. If the water is muddy-go further out till you find cleaner water.

Jim

·
Registered
509 Posts
KI Jim I guess I was pretty genral after I reread my post. I have been going straight out from Sterling 5 miles and then start looking. The fishing has been pretty good.

I anchor drop my line to the bottom then very the depth till I find them. Like KI Jim said if I don't find them in 10 min or so I move.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
some times i will drift until we catch a few and then drop anchor. It seems to work pretty well. Unless its to rough then we anchor right away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts