Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
have a friend that uses the new tru-glo sights - 3 pins, and the first one is the tritium pin. not sure how bright they are, but he's going to shell out the $30 for another pin.. must be bright - but according to them, they are good for about 5 years.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
I've used them for 13-14 years, and wouldn't be caught in the woods without them. Literally, if you can see the deer, you can shoot.

Some poacher scumbags I was aquainted with in about 1990 used them exclusively for night time hunting over bait up in the Alpena area and told me about them.

Althoug the Tru-glo tritium pin is a little more of a dull glow, I found them to be pretty effective last year.

Great product!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I've used one for 3 years now and agree with NJ. I've found nothing so far that I think is better. I am however thinking about trying a scope sight. I havn't bought one yet because of the price. I really like my pins and they make it a hard decission.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I used a Mepro for quit a while before I switched my sight a couple of years ago. Finding one with tritium was still important to me, so I went with thr True-glo sight these guys are telling you about. I love it. Like NJ said, I wouldn't be without it. Good luck.

Al

·
Registered
35,814 Posts
I've got the Truglo site with one tritrium pin. It's not too bright where it washes out the target behind it. It's worth the extra few bucks for a lighted site.

It's a dull greenish glow but that's coming from a guy with a red-green color blindness problem. :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
I used the meprolite for years. About 3 yrs ago I went to the tritium pin. I love it.
The one thing I liked the most was how much smaller the pin was than the meprolite. The pin seems to have just the right glow to it where it doesn't distort the target.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tru glo pins are the ones I want to get. Since thats the sight I have.

Most of the elk and deer I saw last year were right at last shooting light. While it was still legal shooting time and the elk are lighter in color and easy to see, I couldnt see my pins threw the peep. They are the tru glo pins but not the tritium. So I was hoping to gain an extra 10-15min. of shooting time.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
The large tritium pins are great. A large pin is not a hinderance to your shooting at 20 yards, and when it gets into low light situations, the tritium portion is the only portion of the pin you see, and it is much smaller than the actual head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts