Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one get a weird feeling the first time they are walking to a new stand location in the dark. or when you get the feeling you are being watched in the woods. another is a couple times ive been hunting no birds are chirping no chipmunks running around no squirrels nothing

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
There is nothing to fear in the woods. You must just respect the woods and the animals that reside in it. I've never had a "scared" feeling walking in, walking out or sitting in the dark.

Next thing you know this thread will turn into backwards footprints and rotting meat stench...:lol:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i went out yesterday and put a stand up with a buddy. he goes man i feel like im being watched. as we were walking up the two track there was a guy standing out there he was like did you guys find any mushrooms lol

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Well...I guess that is a different story then...I didn't think about state land. I guess at times I would be nervous of other PEOPLE! You never know what they are capable of. :dizzy:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had one guy last year that was just walking through the woods in regular clothes. i was out tree rat hunting. im walking back and he comes and starts talking to me. he looks at my gun(870 supermag) says man thats a nice gun can i see it i was like uh no i gotta go nice talkin to you lol

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Yep, this woods on 72 west of Lincoln about 8 miles... My dad and I both got back there and decided to get right the hell out of there.

Not sure what it was but I've never felt like that in any other woods and I have been way back in a lot of different woods all alone, day and night and was fine. This one spot, not far from an old abandoned log cabin was spooky.

We hunted on the other side of the road all the time, it was just one spot, felt like someone or something was back there and we shouldn't be lol.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I agree, i once left the cabin for a ridge i have hunted many times. In order to reach this ridge you have to walk down a path in a area that is always dim lighted. I made it just into this area and the hair on my neck went straight up and my body went into full alert. I stopped in my tracks and just froze. Several minutes went by and then nothing. It was a awesome feeling but i dont know what caused it.

·
Banned
222 Posts
yep, this woods on 72 west of lincoln about 8 miles... My dad and i both got back there and decided to get right the hell out of there.

Not sure what it was but i've never felt like that in any other woods and i have been way back in a lot of different woods all alone, day and night and was fine. This one spot, not far from an old abandoned log cabin was spooky.

We hunted on the other side of the road all the time, it was just one spot, felt like someone or something was back there and we shouldn't be lol.
bigfoot!

·
Registered
858 Posts
" though I walk in the valley of darkness...." :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts