Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back it seems some weeds died off got a nice 18-20 inch smallie. before the sun came and reared it's ulgy head and hit the peak of the day sun. i wish i had my old phone cause i could take pick with it the older phone does not have a camera in it and did not bring a camera. any ways best just after 6 am or sun up and after 4 pm is what it has been in kent lake the last couple days.

any ways best of luck hope your week end is a great one.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Just curious, jig, spinner, crank bait?

Congrats on the nice bass too.

I went out last Sunday and got my first skunk of the year out of that lake. Had two hits, but couldn't put a hook in em. All top water, like usual. :p

Steve

·
Banned
848 Posts
I tried out my new belly boat out there on the 4th of july. Didnt catch anything, but it sure was great being in the water with 101 F heat that day.

I never seen so many people in the park that day.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just curious, jig, spinner, crank bait?

Congrats on the nice bass too.

I went out last Sunday and got my first skunk of the year out of that lake. Had two hits, but couldn't put a hook in em. All top water, like usual. :p

Steve

blue gill hooked like in this picture with a bass worm hook size 1/0 in a 3-4 inch long gill they chase schools arond the lake. found this out about 5 years ago. if you got a boat you got to put it right on their nose to get one or anchor up. you can also use a bobber and a perch or gill see the bait cant swim to the bottom so they see it and hit it. any ways best of luck and ya the forth is nuts that why i do not go then.this is how we hook our crappie minnows too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts