Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone do any good in Augres this weekend. I fought the zoo of boats that were fishing near the breakwall this weekend. I was fishing 5-9 foot of water running x-raps and 18 floaters. We managed three nice fish all weekend. Lost three others. There was a ton of boats, and many had no idea how to work with the other boats to troll a small area. Normally out there it seems that most boats out there are fairly knowlegeable and we all work pretty well together. This weekend it seemed like there were a ton of boats that didn't really care about trolling etiquette. Oh well, I guess I will just continue with plan B and fish during the week.

·
Registered
663 Posts
That's too bad about the trollers. We fished out there on Thursday and not as many boats but we had the same problem, people not watching where they were going or not caring. The drivers of the boats are not watching the water they are too busy watching the rods, then they look at you like you're doing something wrong. We saw three guys get tangled up together, had one boat come within three feet of one board. It gets frustrating, if those guys ever fished salmon in it's hey day they never would have made it back to the launch in one piece.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Even during the week some of these guys anchor up, and block the harbor. I saw one boat pulling 4 boards in the river. The harbor includes the channel all the way out to the can locations. The cans are not in yet and people fishing this area can see boats coming out and in from a long way off. The harbor can be fished, but boats coming in and out of the harbor should NOT have to leave the usually marked channel to avoid trolling and anchored boats. Some of these jerks need to take a boating class, before they try to learn fishing etiquette. I think it's the same people at the launch area. The clowns have no idea what the tie-down area is for. :) Whew!! Enough said.:fish:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Priority1 said:
Even during the week some of these guys anchor up, and block the harbor. I saw one boat pulling 4 boards in the river. The harbor includes the channel all the way out to the can locations. The cans are not in yet and people fishing this area can see boats coming out and in from a long way off. The harbor can be fished, but boats coming in and out of the harbor should NOT have to leave the usually marked channel to avoid trolling and anchored boats. Some of these jerks need to take a boating class, before they try to learn fishing etiquette. I think it's the same people at the launch area. The clowns have no idea what the tie-down area is for. :) Whew!! Enough said.:fish:
Well said Frank, but you have that all
over, the thing is that no one cares about the other. And for the fishing,boating etiquette that should be mandatory for some boaters..Ah nevermind i'll teach it wanna enroll.......:lol: :lol: :tdo12:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Reel_Screamer86 said:
Well said Frank, but you have that all
over, the thing is that no one cares about the other. And for the fishing,boating etiquette that should be mandatory for some boaters..Ah nevermind i'll teach it wanna enroll.......:lol: :lol: :tdo12:
just weighing in to test this quote thing. i agree, too bad people do not know or do not practice proper boating skills or ettiquett in crowded areas. if someone is there give them proper clearance. It's a big lake....spread out! i personally will always stay clear of the pack....figure i have a better chance at unspooked fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts