Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doe tags still avail for PUBLIC and PRIVATE land in Alpena, thinking about heading up for a weekend. Don't know a thing about the area or land, but figured I need a deer this year and this may be my only chance.

Help me out!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Theres no deer in the TB area...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
As for doe tags...merely check with YOUR local store that sells licenses. There is NO limit on tags in the TB areas. You can buy 1 a day all season and they are for Private land only. Email me and I might be able to set ya up on some land in Alcona Co..:D [email protected]

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
yes, the old horseshoe for one, lots of swamp too. huron national forest do a goggle or flashearth really good sites. i'll be up in alcona for the smoke pole games:lol: i think i'll need a pair of snow shoes from what i was told. i left on the 30th and on the 1st they got over a foot of snow on top of the 6-8" we already had. i am headed straight for the oaks and beechs.:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any of the public land I've been on in the area gets pounded hard by hunters and has few deer. Don't be surprised if you see a lot more orange than deer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts