Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved permission to hunt my buddies new property, its 27 acres in genesee county. Its mainly a large field full of shrubbery and overgrown weeds, I know there are deer, only about an acre of young tree growth, and it backs up to a rye field, have no idea how to go about hunting it. Any suggestions, or should i not even bother.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
What do you mean NOT BOTHER!!!!!!!! SHOOT, HUNT IT!!!

New property, maybe NEVER been hunted with a bruiser living there. Good Luck!

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Do it man. Buy a good ground blind or better yet an elevated platform blind.

I have seen those cheap elevated platforms for hunting at places like Walmart in the U.P. They use a steel tripod. Can't recall the price, but mabye around $250?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Exactly as Banditto said...buy a tripod stand and hunt the place. Sounds like a good bedding/hiding place. I'd hunt it...you would regret it if you pass and someone shoots the next state record from there. ;)

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
At the very least I'd get out there and scout it. Let the land tell you if it's huntable. Somethings ya just can't judge from a car, map, or plat book.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If possible I'd try walking in on the downwind edge of the property and finding a spot that looks promising. Take a sitting and get ideas for future set-ups. Obviously, if you could get elevated it sounds like you could see a big chunk of the property.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts