Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While scouting the property we had just got permisson to hunt this spring we found an old tree stand and 15 yards away was an old, buried plastic swimming pool(about 4 ft. round). I recall seeing the same thing on a friends 40 acre parcel a few years ago. Any idea why someone would bury a plastic pool near a tree stand. First thought was a water supply, but the one we found this spring was only 75 yrds from a pond....hmmmmm

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Maybe the person that put it there wasn't much of a hunter. He would let his kids play in the pool while he hunted; you know, this way he could keep on eye on his kids.

Seriously, I would have jumped to water. Maybe it was put there during a very dry year.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
579 Posts
Care to elaborate?

Maybe something to do with bait, though I'm not sure how that would work....

KW
grow op...i think he was right...water supply, or a mix of good dirt...not that i would know...:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Farming--So, you do not get weeds in your weed or as a water supply.

420, 4:20 or 4/20 is a code for Marijuana. I do know....:coolgleam

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
When we had a mini drought some years ago, we would haul water to cut down 55 gallon drums, to water the deer in the woods. Our trail camera told us they used it allot.
Maybe, thats what the pool was for?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Marijuana food plots! GENIUS. Deer forget about busting you on stand. They get the munchies and put on extra weight. They walk away instead of running, when hit. You can play XBOX with the young ones, while waiting for the shooters to show up!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Marijuana food plots! GENIUS. Deer forget about busting you on stand. They get the munchies and put on extra weight. They walk away instead of running, when hit. You can play XBOX with the young ones, while waiting for the shooters to show up!
Wow I wonder if it did have something to do with growing weed.....Maybe I'll see if I can find a pot growing web site and post my original question!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts