Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Wait a month. I don't think it is realistic for either of those lakes to be safely frozen this early in the year. I am typically fishing on 4-6 inches on ice on both of those lakes in the tail end of February if that says anything about what to expect for January 10th.

·
Registered
118 Posts
They where driving on that lake last year bye the end of February wherent they?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So does anyone know if there is ice I got to beleave soneone does it has been very cold at night
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Realy ? Nobody has drove bye either lake when they do freeze don't ask me for a report
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I heard crystal just got skim ice. There is a bait shop in Beulah (not sure of the name), they should be able to give you some good info. Will most likely be a couple weeks at least before it is safe.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I heard that the east end of the lake had 2" at best in some spots and with the wind forecasted for the weekend it might break it up again.....Might want to wait for a few more cold nights before heading out. Usually by the end of the month before good ice.......

·
Registered
480 Posts
Both lakes have just iced over in the last few days, Crystal only around the edges, not over the deeper water. It will still take a few days of good cold weather with minimal snow before I will consider going out on either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts