Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did I miss it ? just curious how the winterfest results are? any big-un's taken? did the action pick up any? did any of the members win anything? wish I could have gone, maybe next year

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
As I haven't read anything on this I was just about to create a post on this! Hopefully Beer & Nuts will post the results of the contest.

Saturday - I met (for the first time) and fished for trout with Garyrodbender, Mountainman and Baracle Bill. It was slow, had several "trips" on slammers but nothing on. The wind was down right brutle at times. Didnt get out for perch, to snowy & windy for someone with out a shanty. Had vehicle repairs to do before dark, afterwards I sat down in the recliner to "nap" before returning for smelt in the evening, didnt wake up til 10pm! Needless to say I didnt go, threw another log on the fire and called it a day.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
I'm not sure on any members winning anything!?!?

All them tipups and slammers and not a single laker??? Were you using smelt? You might wanna find another guide:D :D ;)

The 40 inch laker was a dandy fish and the big brown trout was very impressive, just wish they could have been entered by 11:00 so the non-fisherman could see what Higgins can produce, plus the top perch were real nice too! There is gonna be some incentive next year to enter fish early, so I have some on the board so others can see!!

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
B&N, I was with "The Best", at least that is what they told me! LOL! Even without the fish that group was plenty entertaining to say the least! Wouldn't have traded them for a 41 incher! Gary, Bill and MM thanks again for teaching me how its done! :eek:

·
-RIP-
3,670 Posts
Burksee, thanks for the kind words pal. When the fish arent biting we seem to become the entertainment commity LOL.Sunday`s weather was a hole lot better than sat, but didnt get a chance to get back. Tuesday I did manage to meet up with MM,BB for some shallow water `bow fishing...Mountainman had one on for a bit , but lost it close to the hole. Dont feel alone dude! As for saturday,Burksee it was a pleasure meeting you sir, hope your car was easily fixed! What did you guys think about the MORRON who flew accross the open water of the creek? Didnt help the fishing any,but was neat to see non the -less...The `bow fishing can only get better. We have the rest of this month and march. Hope to see you there again soon.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
GRB, I never judge the success of my icefishing trips soley on the amount of fish I catch. Thanks again. Even with the car troubles it was a pleasureable expierance to say the least. Gotter patched up and home with no other problems. I'm heading back up this weekend to Houghton Lake, the outing for this weekend looks like a bust but I've got the time planned and will be there none the less. Will try by the cut river first light on Saturday and more than likely be out from the southside launch late morning then back to the cut for an evening fish. You guys going to be on Higgins this weekend?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts