Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

Seen this on another site and I decided to copy it.

As for me...

1 week in Montana for elk and mule if I draw a tag. Not a guarantee if you go on public like me.

1 week in California for blacktails. 2 tags there. And applying for an elk tag. I have lived here the last two years and I think this place is awesome for hunting. Along the coast in Monterey County. Nothing is more beautuful than to hunt deer and pigs and look at whales in the bay at the same time. Los Padre National Forest. I very highly recommend going there. Breathtaking country.

Thanksgiving for whitetail in Michigan. Then a late muzzleloading hunt about mid Dec. Both with Pops.

I will be living in VA come this spring. I will have the opportunity to hunt both turkey and deer there for at least three years. I get two buck tags and two does tags automatic per year. Then I get all the doe tags I want because I am in the military and can hunt in certain areas on base.

Maybe a weekend hunt or two in North Carolina.

No thats a schedule to look forward to. God willing!
Thanks, JAS

·
Registered
157 Posts
Applying for antelope in wyoming, and probably deer in iowa. Ive never been out west hunting a can't wait. I guy my friend and i use to hunt with back home in Ia lives in gilette, wy. he's cool enough to get some land set up for us to hunt for a week and we'll probably do some hiking through where we hope to hunt elk and mule deer in the future. the best part is i get to buy a new rifle :D

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
JAS said:
All:

Seen this on another site and I decided to copy it.

As for me...

1 week in Montana for elk and mule if I draw a tag. Not a guarantee if you go on public like me.

1 week in California for blacktails. 2 tags there. And applying for an elk tag. I have lived here the last two years and I think this place is awesome for hunting. Along the coast in Monterey County. Nothing is more beautuful than to hunt deer and pigs and look at whales in the bay at the same time. Los Padre National Forest. I very highly recommend going there. Breathtaking country.

Thanksgiving for whitetail in Michigan. Then a late muzzleloading hunt about mid Dec. Both with Pops.

I will be living in VA come this spring. I will have the opportunity to hunt both turkey and deer there for at least three years. I get two buck tags and two does tags automatic per year. Then I get all the doe tags I want because I am in the military and can hunt in certain areas on base.

Maybe a weekend hunt or two in North Carolina.

No thats a schedule to look forward to. God willing!
Thanks, JAS

Beast the middle east, thats for sure....(good luck Marine

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Being a displaced New England Yankee I would love to get back to northern Maine for a hunt someday. I hunted it a couple times in the 80's and it's been in my mind since. Not a lot of deer, but never in my life have I ever seen such large tracks (nope, I know what a moose track is:lol:) so consistently. It's wild and woolly, just the way I likes it! More likely though I'll be enjoying discovering my own slice of emptiness on the UP after many years hunting Wi. with a friend.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Hitting up Idaho for mid-late September to bowhunt for elk and black bear. Hitting up a week of October for a whitetail hunt in Kentucky OR a black bear hunt in the UP...depending on if I get drawn for a bear. This spring I'm hitting up Kentucky for gobblers.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Thw ones I know of right now are.
N.Dakota in Oct. for 10 days of waterfowling/upland.
Wyoming in Sept. to archery hunt Prong Horns.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Iowa for pheasant in November
A couple grouse camps in fall and winter in northern MI
Drummond Island grouse hunt in September

·
Registered
289 Posts
Bristol Bay, Alaska for two weeks of moose hunting in September.

Then best of all, three months of whitetail hunting in south central Lapeer County!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Chasing Osceola's in Florida in early April....

Then chasing the Eastern here at home in Michigan....

Follow that with a Elk hunt to Colorado in October...

And wrapping the year here at home chasing the Whitetail!

Good luck to you all this season!

·
Registered
180 Posts
probabally going up to the U.P., lake Gogebic in october to do some duck hunting. it's not set in stone yet but i would like ot get up depending on school. i was up there in the fall of 04' and it was an awsome hunt.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I hope to hunt wapati in Oregon this year. I have talked to another group of guys who are going to Colorado who are looking for some new blood in there camp. I might have to check into this more since it would be cheaper for me.

I still want to do an Antelope hunt some day.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Red Stag in Scottland in Oct, Deer hunting Wisc, I think that's it for out of state...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Southern Mi for whiteail
Southeast Illinois for whitetails (please let me get a license again)
Southeast Iowa for whitetails(double please let me get a license again)

The great addition will be my to oldest boys to at least one for the two "I" hunts....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts