Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making a trip up and you guys got more rain than we did down south. The Flow bumped quite a bit but wasn’t sure how badly they got blown out. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm guessing pretty blown. Definitely challenging to wade, if possible. Better know the spots before hand. I was fishing Monday afternoon, quite a few fish.

·
Premium Member
12,770 Posts
It's not going t o be pretty. I live on a tributary of the PM and it is at the top of its banks, definitely pumping a lot of water to the PM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm alright. I’m going to need you to go out and dam up that water :) haha great. I can deal with higher water but clarity is my only worry. Guess I’ll be searching for some tribs to fish Friday if it’s that bad right now. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
The PM fished good yesterday, high and dirty but fishable, just need to take care when wading.

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
cmech, y would u come on the west side for eyes? when the D river is full of them, just wondering, trout would b a better choice, or were u just wondering if there present in the PM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cmech, y would u come on the west side for eyes? when the D river is full of them, just wondering, trout would b a better choice, or were u just wondering if there present in the PM
Sorry riverbob. I meant does anyone have any eyes on the PM. Looking for kings coho and steel. Oh and Browns! Doesn’t look like the river has even crested yet. Wish I knew the area better since they had less rain by the manistee. I only really know tippy dam. Looks like other river accesses down river though

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
Sorry riverbob. I meant does anyone have any eyes on the PM. Looking for kings coho and steel. Oh and Browns! Doesn’t look like the river has even crested yet. Wish I knew the area better since they had less rain by the manistee. I only really know tippy dam. Looks like other river accesses down river though
my bad, I got a fish brain, when u say eyes, I think fish, not a look see,,,, good luck, go gitum

·
Registered
341 Posts
Fly water was pretty bad last 2 days and t was still rising today.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Should we pull the plug on our weekend trip based on the fly water being blown? The BBT report makes it seem like gloom, doom, and dispair. I can adapt to wading challenges but if it’s so fast you can’t be safe around it or land fish that’s another story. It’s a 2 hour drive and I have a hotel reservation for 2 nights. What would you do?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Pull it....
Should we pull the plug on our weekend trip based on the fly water being blown? The BBT report makes it seem like gloom, doom, and dispair. I can adapt to wading challenges but if it’s so fast you can’t be safe around it or land fish that’s another story. It’s a 2 hour drive and I have a hotel reservation for 2 nights. What would you do?
Sent from my SM-G950U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Super Moderator
19,637 Posts

Maybe even hit a pier or the beach

If BBT says it's trashed...

1 - 20 of 82 Posts