Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently going to college at delta near Saginaw valley state university and have plenty of time to blow between and before classes and also on days off, but have no where to keep my boat while up here (18ft star-weld usually used to fish St. Clair river jigging / trolling the bay for eyes over by Caseville ) so im stuck to shore fishing. Ive been slamming the smallies wading through the Titabawasee river in Freeland but with all the rain thats pretty much toast. would really like to get on some perch or walleye since i hear they move into the rivers this time of year. are there any good spots along the Saginaw river to fish them? if thats a long shot im open to suggestions and willing to drive an hour or more if it means somewhat decent fishing of any kind. sorry if theres already been a million posts like this but im not exactly sure how to use the search in the forums. thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Currently going to college at delta near Saginaw valley state university and have plenty of time to blow between and before classes and also on days off, but have no where to keep my boat while up here (18ft star-weld usually used to fish St. Clair river jigging / trolling the bay for eyes over by Caseville ) so im stuck to shore fishing. Ive been slamming the smallies wading through the Titabawasee river in Freeland but with all the rain thats pretty much toast. would really like to get on some perch or walleye since i hear they move into the rivers this time of year. are there any good spots along the Saginaw river to fish them? if thats a long shot im open to suggestions and willing to drive an hour or more if it means somewhat decent fishing of any kind. sorry if theres already been a million posts like this but im not exactly sure how to use the search in the forums. thanks!
In saginaw you can try the park on Niagara st at Hancock. Zilwaukee park on Westerveldt rd by Z bridge or Vetereans park in Bay City.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In saginaw you can try the park on Niagara st at Hancock. Zilwaukee park on Westerveldt rd by Z bridge or Vetereans park in Bay City.
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it. are the walleye and perch moved into the rivers by this time. And if so I'm probably best off with a perch rig and live minnows right? Or more of the casting with twisters or cranks route?

·
Registered
436 Posts
when we get rain like this, the sagnasty will be toast. It will probably take 3-5 days, if not longer to get back to normal. You have the titt and shiawassee that dumps into the sag and then add dow dam =toast .

·
Banned
72 Posts
There's actually many places to fish from shore along the river. Wicks park is one of them particularly around the old boat launch(one of myfavortie spots to always catch some quick fish), under bridges, along see walls(behind temple theater), at night around lights where the bait fish hang out cast rapalas. At night is when you'll get walleye. Explore the river and juts always be sure to be aware of your surroundings never know who or what u will encounter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.