Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Headed to breast bay in morning(sat) will be on channel#7 any reports from today?
7? 68 is where its at... All reports point to deeper water and most likely OH water... I'll most likely be out - thinking of heading over to sputnik depending on the wind - which looks to suck!

I'm really getting sick of these east winds....

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
That is what I am thinking to go. I hope I do not pass fish to find fish. forecast calls for 7 mph east wind 1-2 foot wave.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
That is what I am thinking to go. I hope I do not pass fish to find fish. forecast calls for 7 mph east wind 1-2 foot wave.
Yea - I'm sick of it :) (the winds from the east) I figure I'll start there and head west with the wind if I have to.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
25-26ft of water right at the line has been very good .#2 tadpoles from 20-30 back with harnesses , 1.2-1.6 mph . Very little trash and plenty of undersized eyes . Have not went into Ohio waters yet . Stopped in 22ft on the way in and 0 eyes and plenty of junk in there .

Dwayne

·
Registered
76 Posts
Made it out last three days as I camped at SSP. With the East wind on Wednesday did not venture out far and still managed 5 from 17 -20 feet in the bay. Thursday and Friday made went out from the point to 25-26' and there were also plenty being marked. Ended up with 15 mainly off 1 oz inlines 50-70 ft back. Pinks and purple harnesses were the ticket. Many fish are suspended around 15' with some also on the bottom. Did get a few off the bouncers so try both. Got to meet Walleye Mike and had a great conversation. Mike hope those grandkids get to reel in a bunch!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fished Friday out of SSP. Went out to about a mile straight south of Sputnick. Trolled 3 oz inline weights on one side with harnesses, 45 back and 3 oz inlines on other side of boat with spoons, 45 back. caught 4 on copper spoons with pink and only 1 on harness. walleye were in the 17-22 inch range.

Probably should have switched to lighter inline weights however only got to make one pass because of rough water and only 17 foot boat. 3 to 5 footers made the fishing miserable even though we were putting them in the box.

SSP fish cleaning station was packed with most people limiting out. All about the same size of fish. Like they say good eaters:)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Ditto on most reports. Good eaters being caught in MI waters. Fought my way out to the Bell Buoy Sat afternoon and punched my single +2 C/R pretty quick. Most on pounded brass/red beads, 1-1/2 inline, 1.1 - 1.4, 20 back off boards. Too bad I was solo, could have really cleaned up. Fish were really high, fish flies floating all over the place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts