Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to the cabin this weekend just wondering if I should throw in the walleye gear with my Musky gear. Musky fishing is always the main focus when going here but the walleye fishing has been picking up over the last few years. Feel free to PM me about the walleye fishing if you want. And if anyone has heard of any muskies being caught i'd like to know.

Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
A few weeks ago I caught a 26 1/2" walleye out in front of the Sate Park trolling a Thunderstick.
On another note do you have any idea how the fire started that burned down the pavilion at the State Park?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spoke with a couple rangers, the day after the fire. They stated the fire started in the electrical service breaker box. Too bad as they just got the money to put on a new roof.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a little late with a reply, but we were just up there last week. We caught limits of walley, most around 20". The smallmouth fishing was awesome too. We didn't catch as many pike as normal but that was OK with me. To end an already good week, I caught a 4lb largemouth on the very last cast of the trip. Had a great time! If I could just figure out how to catch perch bigger than my thumb in that lake I'd consider it to be perfect!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts