Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Any action out of Manistee?

1384 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  salmon_slayer06
Has anybody done any good out of the Port of Manistee? Getting anxious until I look at the price of fuel.
Has anybody done any good out of the Port of Manistee? Getting anxious until I look at the price of fuel.
See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Was up there this weekend and went 4/5 Fri evening and 4/5 Sat morning. No real pattern yet, we caught fish on riggers deep and shallow and full and half cores. Only thing that did not go for us this weekend was dipsy's. 3 of the 5 fish we boated were to small to keep so they were returned but the other 4 kings were in the 8-10lb range and one steelhead about 8lbs.
Was up there this weekend and went 4/5 Fri evening and 4/5 Sat morning. No real pattern yet, we caught fish on riggers deep and shallow and full and half cores. Only thing that did not go for us this weekend was dipsy's. 3 of the 5 fish we boated were to small to keep so they were returned but the other 4 kings were in the 8-10lb range and one steelhead about 8lbs.
See more
Were you running mostly spoons? I was there late morning on Saturday but we left after a couple of hours. I had the dipsys out and one rigger. It was a bit cold and my fishing partner wasn't having much fun so we pulled out. I would go out today but the wind is way over what I can handle. Rick
bluedevil said:
See less
Were you running mostly spoons? I was there late morning on Saturday but we left after a couple of hours. I had the dipsys out and one rigger. It was a bit cold and my fishing partner wasn't having much fun so we pulled out. I would go out today but the wind is way over what I can handle. Rick
bluedevil said:
Was up there this weekend and went 4/5 Fri evening and 4/5 Sat morning. No real pattern yet, we caught fish on riggers deep and shallow and full and half cores. Only thing that...
See more
Just got back from fishing the tournament, landed 22 fish in 2 days of fishing ended up in 6th place. Yesterday we had better fish up to 13# but today they were all 5 to 7 lbers. Our best was flashers and meat and we caught a few on spoons but the bigger fish came on meat, color didnt really matter. Most guys caught alot of fish and there were a few fish in the 15 to 17lb range, should be a GREAT year again!!

Scott
Just got back from fishing the tournament, landed 22 fish in 2 days of fishing ended up in 6th place. Yesterday we had better fish up to 13# but today they were all 5 to 7 lbers. Our best was flashers and meat and we caught a few on spoons but the bigger fish came on meat, color didnt really matter. Most guys caught alot of fish and there were a few fish in the 15 to 17lb range, should be a GREAT year again!!

Scott
See more
Any basic depths working better than others? Run into any nets?
See more
Spoons worked best for us on Fri and Sat. We did get one fish on flasher/meat rig and one on a flasher/fly rig.

We did our best between 130-160fow south into the 11's. I think there is one net north and 4-5 south. The ones to the south dont start until you get into the 9's I believe, we never seen any but we were told they were south in the 9's.

Good luck to ya..:)

Congrats on the 6th place finish fishinmachine...;)
res said:
See less
Spoons worked best for us on Fri and Sat. We did get one fish on flasher/meat rig and one on a flasher/fly rig.

We did our best between 130-160fow south into the 11's. I think there is one net north and 4-5 south. The ones to the south dont start until you get into the 9's I believe, we never seen any but we were told they were south in the 9's.

Good luck to ya..:)

Congrats on the 6th place finish fishinmachine...;)
res said:
Any basic depths working better than others? Run into any...
See more
Thanks for the info. I went out this morning and we got a bit of a "late" start so to speak. We launched at 7:00 and I worked out to 100'. Set up with spoons on 2 riggers and 3 dipsys and one planer board for kicks. Range and orange ladder back off the planer and one of the dipsys, a gold blue dolphin of one of the dipsys, a red white, a fruit salad, not sure but a couple of others. Managed to work out one small 5 pounder and a 12" king off the planer board. Both were from around 125'. I did not even notice that the little squirt was on the board until I brought it in. I will have to push a bit deeper next time around. Hopefully this weekend end. Rick
See less
Thanks for the info. I went out this morning and we got a bit of a "late" start so to speak. We launched at 7:00 and I worked out to 100'. Set up with spoons on 2 riggers and 3 dipsys and one planer board for kicks. Range and orange ladder back off the planer and one of the dipsys, a gold blue dolphin of one of the dipsys, a red white, a fruit salad, not sure but a couple of others. Managed to work out one small 5 pounder and a 12" king off the planer board. Both were from around 125'...
See more
We fished down towards the point in 160 to 220 fow. The nets are from the 6's to the 4's, it really sucks!!!!

Scott
res said:
We fished down towards the point in 160 to 220 fow. The nets are from the 6's to the 4's, it really sucks!!!!

Scott
res said:
See more
Ludville Rocked this weekend. Limits everyday. Monday we were done in 30 minutes. Most fish were 7-11 lbs, but we did get some 14-15. Key is to constatly change your presentation. The only thing that was consistant was to keep changing (as above). I never left the back of the boat. But because of that, I usually wasn't out long ;) .
Ludville Rocked this weekend. Limits everyday. Monday we were done in 30 minutes. Most fish were 7-11 lbs, but we did get some 14-15. Key is to constatly change your presentation. The only thing that was consistant was to keep changing (as above). I never left the back of the boat. But because of that, I usually wasn't out long ;) .
See more
I see on another site a new net at 13.2 from 50 FOW west to 140 FOW. That is REEEAAAALLLLYYYY going to screw things up. The Tribe should hire a new PR guy, 'cause the folks that fish Manistee are PO'd. Think maybe I'll pull the boat to Frankfort this year. Be carefull folks and keep the cutters handy.
I see on another site a new net at 13.2 from 50 FOW west to 140 FOW. That is REEEAAAALLLLYYYY going to screw things up. The Tribe should hire a new PR guy, 'cause the folks that fish Manistee are PO'd. Think maybe I'll pull the boat to Frankfort this year. Be carefull folks and keep the cutters handy.
See more
How far north are the nets? And how deep of water are they in?
How far north are the nets? And how deep of water are they in?
See more
Salmon Slayer

See the thread below to get the info on the nets. We are trying to keep it current as possible.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184092

Wayne
Salmon Slayer

See the thread below to get the info on the nets. We are trying to keep it current as possible.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184092

Wayne
See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.