Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to (finally !) get the boat out for its maiden voyage for this year. Would be nice to find some chrome for the box. Anyone else headed out ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
The only action a saw was a friend of mine new to boating with a 27 footer he just purchased. He was trying to get that bad boy up on the trailer in Port Sanilac. I happened to be in town so I went over to the launch to find him with the boat at the dock, just a little mark off the rear starboard corner. I was just in time to help him get the boat on the trailer straight....

I've not heard anything about the fishing except Clay's Bait responds when someone asks about the "Perch" with they're getting a few just outside the harbor........

I've not heard anything about any Silver or even any Laker's lately......

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but at least you showed up in time to help your buddy !

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
Mike
I have not been over to the East side in a while. I can't help you there. My boy and I just bought a boat. I had it out in Petoskey last night. Fishing is very good in the NW.

KF

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
the reports on the radio say salmon fishing is picking up north of harbor beach in the top 60 ft first thing in the morning. last year this time walleye action was good and a few silvers were being caught by some. i'd put my money on grindstone or harbor beach for silvers in the thumb.

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was hoping for some fish "over here" to start off with before hauling the boat to the west side. :fish:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey Kingfisher I have a soccer tourny in Petoskey the weekend after labor day. We usually are fishing Frankfort that weekend and killing them, but seeing how I will be in Petoskey I am kicking around dragging the boat up to fish before the rest of the family is up. My question is where to put in and if you mainly fish around the bear creek mouth, and info would be great!

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
You put in at the public launch right in the harbor/boat docks. The launch is right next to the ball field.

I normally fish Charlevoix so my boat fishing in Petoskey is limited. By Labor day you should find fish close to the pier where the Bear dumps out. I know fish are caught in front of Bay harbor, Nine mile point and the shore near Harbor Springs.

I know the topic a week ago was the fish in the river, or the lack of. I was told it was too warm for them to be in. 2 weeks ago I saw them jumping. Thursday night as I drove by with my boat. I saw a guy with a fish on and a crowd watching. So much for the river not having fish and the temps to warm.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey Kingfisher I have a soccer tourny in Petoskey the weekend after labor day. We usually are fishing Frankfort that weekend and killing them, but seeing how I will be in Petoskey I am kicking around dragging the boat up to fish before the rest of the family is up. My question is where to put in and if you mainly fish around the bear creek mouth, and info would be great!
That is the weekend of the Bay Harbor Tournamnet and fishing has been great the last few seasons that weekend. I think boats out of there did better running to Charlevoix last year, but there is good fishing right in front of Bay Harbor to the City launch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts