Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tryed for them again today but was skunked.All I caught was the pneumonia and probaly just dont know it yet.I dont know what was colder today the weather or the fishing?Then again Im talking about fishing on the St Clair river also which has been slower than freekin frozen goose poop anyways so far this winter:rolleyes:Im hoping to start the new year by catching a steelie before hanging up the river rods when the next expected cold snap arrives later in the weekend early next week sometime:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Steinfishski failed to bring one boat side today...but it was jumping like it had mad fish disease...It was fun to watch it out there...

·
Registered
870 Posts
a little messy, but we cooked it on a cedar plank and it was deelicious... the other one was a hen and was released unharmed except for a little hole in the jaw....

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
2-3 yesterday, 1-1 today, nice fish, got a jump out of the hen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Took the jet out on the Kalamazoo on the first and the second, caught steelies both days, not pigs but action is action this time of year. water was perfect with a nice tint of green to it, surprisingly very visible since the rain last monday. Fish were taken on spawnbags. steelie eggs on the first and loose king eggs the next day. my girlfriend got her first steelhead of the year on the first, a beautifully colored male at 6 lbs, looked picture perfect. glad we took advantage of a couple great days, looks like the winter weather is finally upon us .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts