Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You only have an antlerless permit left for state land. You shoot a doe on the border of state land and private and do not have permission to hunt the private land but, have permission for recovery. Your deer runs to the private after being shot but, there isn't a blood trail on the state land. You recover the deer and are dragging it off the private land when, DNR shows up.

Your deer is tagged with the state land permit, what's your argument ?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
not sure, but I could see it getting ugly.
I take it you are dragging it back to state land.
And your car is parked along the state land
You have a "blind" or some sort of set-up on the state land.
An understanding CO would probably hear you out.
A less understanding CO may give the ticket and let the court decide.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I agree. Hopefully, your stand or arrow, pack etc. is still on State land. I think the CO would be fine with it. Your body language and tone would make a world of difference during the discussion though. Is this question from personal experience? I would love to know the outcome if it actually happened

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree. Hopefully, your stand or arrow, pack etc. is still on State land. I think the CO would be fine with it. Your body language and tone would make a world of difference during the discussion though. Is this question from personal experience? I would love to know the outcome if it actually happened
Not from personal experience YET ! Hopefully, never to happen.

I was bored and thought about what might / could happen.

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
Be honest, you didn't intend to break any laws. I would hope that no one would bother prosecuting you for this. Although the CO's can sometimes be real sticks in the mud. A good friend of mine was harassed this week for urinating in public, PUBLIC was in a state game area! not by the road! ***! he didnt end up with a ticket, but it was not a friendly conversation to say the least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts