Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Ask the anti's why its alright for them to kill plants and eat them.

Ask them what is different about killing a corn plant, potato plant, etc...vs killing a chicken or cow.

This will put them in the impossible position of defining what constitutes a "life" worth protecting. There is no way they can argue animal rights yet ignore plant rights.

They just cant come to grips with the fact that to live on this earth, we must consume other things. Its a cycle, hello? When we die, we in-turn, will become food for other things, and so on and so on....

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this forum, but the next time you face an animal-rights whacko, have them explain why its ok for them to wear cotton (did the plant say it was ok to take it from them?), eat an apple (oh my, they are eating unborn children of trees!), yank a carrot from the ground (it couldnt even try to run away!), etc etc.

When faced with this reality, stand back because their head may explode :D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Here's another question for the anti's.

Your driving one day and a fawn with spots suddenly walks out in front of your car and your on wet roads, which stopping fast will cause your car to spin out of control and possibly crash and hurt you and your child that your taking to school. Driving to your right is a car with a mother/baby on her way to a doctors appt. In front of you stands the fawn and to your left is an oncoming bus of children. What do you do:

A. Hit the deer
B. Hit the mother/baby
C. Hit the oncoming bus of children

Hmmm, decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I choose....

D. Hit fawn in front shoulder, bouncing it off into the grassy shoulder, thus preserving backstraps and round steaks, which I will share with all witnesses after we get the roadkill permit :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i love how nieve some people can be. northcountry covered most of it. but people that say how mean it is to kill animals while they enjoy a quarter pounder with cheese just kill me. that 1/4 pound patty must be the first one successfully grown in the new hamburger patty fields. :lol: and besides, i AM a predator. the good lord gave me eyes in front of my head. he gave me the inovativeness and skill to kill to provide nurishment to my body and my family.

to quote Ron White aka Tater salad.
"I did not climb to the top of the food chain to eat carrots"

mike

·
Registered
384 Posts
WHAT ABOUT THOSE POOR DEFENSELESS TRAPPERS THAT GET THEIR FINGERS CAUGHT IN A #3. OH! THE PAIN AND SUFFERING THAT THEY MUST ENDURE. THE WAY THIS ECONOMY IS HEADING, THEY'LL BE SINGING A DIFFERENT TUNE REAL SOON. BROTHER, PLEASE!:gaga:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
.....that someone should trap Racoons (Grinners/Skunks), so they can be run over on the highways by the ZILLIONS :confused: ! Someone fire up the grill, I'm hungry for some backstrap - RARE :evilsmile ! Bob

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
James,

If we're lucky, maybe our roadkill fawn scenario takes place between October and April. No spots, then.

Everybody, go get your forks back out! :D

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
That story was a great read....dang, going after a bear with a muzzleloader and a lantern.

As far as the feedback, the anti's are never going to be convinced and while it might be fun to poke fun at them by replying, I really think that there is no educating them to the realities of anything. Many of them are about as likely to change their attitude as we are but...they are smart...they will go after the trappers first cuz they are in fact a dying breed.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
so you get trouble with the antis as well we got the bastards over here as well.they wanted money so they could film the hunts that went on over here and try to cause trouble, and they had a freepost addess so we sent them bricks and phone books, it would have cost them in post £500,000 but the post office let them off with £2000 thats all they had to pay,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts