Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there use this stuff? I've got an Omega and I'm tired of using the grease on the breechplug and getting it all over everything. I bought the T/C brand of tape to try out but I'm wondering if it works as well as the grease. Also would'nt regular plumbers tape work just as well.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
I don't use it, but I have heard it works. I prefer Gorilla Grease. Also, never store the gun with the breech plug installed. I leave it out, but I still leave it greased up as well. I only put the plug in right before I have a shooting session/or hunting and I remove it immediately when I'm finished.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I keep meaning to try the automotive high-temp 'never seize' that I use on spark plugs.

Every time I clean the Encore I don't have time to mess with it and just keep re-using the 'Wonderlube' clear synthetic grease.

I think the never seize should do a fine job if I ever get around to playing with it.

G

·
They all work fine so long as they are formulated for a high temp environment.

I've been using the same package of Choke Tube Lube for 6 years.

Just make sure to keep it off of the face of the breech plug as the lube will contaminate a charge. A little goes a very long way.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I use silver grade C5A made by loctite. I've never had a problem removing a breech plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts