Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to take a second to thank all of this boards great members for their help, guidence, tips, and reports. I know it is said here often, but I think it's worth repeating... This is one of the greatest collection of TRUE sportspersons (P.C.)!
A little background on ExplodingVarmints if anyone cares: I was brought up as a pond fisherman catching bass and gills. Then I started to fish with my dad out of a 14' on the Ausauble river (Cook Dam) for pike. Years went by and my lust for fishing took a back seat to archery deer hunting, and wing-shooting. 4 years ago a close friend got me back into ice-fishing (thanks alot [email protected]$$) and I've been wasting money on that since :lol: . After talking with you folks about icefishing (and fishing with a few members) I got sucked into this Detroit River walleye thang (thanks alot Mushy1... another hobby I really needed :lol: ). Truth be told, I was quite intimidated by the river. I never thought that my duck boat was a viable detroit river vessel.... You all showed me that under the right conditions it was.... that was the final straw, I was addicted. Thanks to Bolodunn for taking me out a few times jigging out of wyandotte. Though it was freaking freezing cold he put me on the fish everytime. I learned quite a bit on those first few trips. Thanks to Mushy1 for helping me out from Icefishing Simcoe, to learning about this Detroit river thing, and not to mention boat choice etc. (don't let the head get too big Chris:lol: ). Thanks to Houghton Laker for helping with tips and coordinates from here to Houghton Lake. Not to mention all of his limit pics that keep me going during the week. Fisheater should not really get a thanks since he has cost me more then $500.00 in gear in less then two hours:rant: :lol: . This guy would take me to his hotspots, bring all of the gear for me to try out, take the time to show a helpless walleye rookie different tactics, And even meet me at B.P.S. to make sure I spent that $500.00 on the right gear. I am sure I'm forgetting tons of other instances and helpfull members. Sorry if I did. You guy's have a spot in my boat anytime for sure. Thanks again for all of your help.

EV

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,424 Posts
The damage is DONE!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good post.
:)

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
sounds good-thats what it is all about

when we going out so you can drop another grand

·
Registered
86 Posts
That was great, thanks for sharing it. I also have ice fished Simcoe, an hooked on the river and have a duck boat. What kind and size boat do you have?

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Matt, Thanks for all the compliments, but i dont think my head can get any bigger, thus the name Mushhead......Original Orgin.....Custom ordered Football helmet to fit my Skull....Anyways, growing up, my dad was never a fisherman or Outdoorsman. I got into it because i was always interested in it. Having to cling onto Fathers of freinds that did(Thanks to the late Bob Cleland "The DuckHunter") for showing me how to catch the Silver Bullets. Always asking questions and watching and learning as much as I could. So, I feel that it is my obligation to teach what others have taught me. That is the best thing about this site, Talking, Teaching and Learning as much as i can about the best Past-time man has ever thought up. Fishing has taught me much about Life, and i think the best is yet to come.

Irronically, Im teaching my Dad how to fish now. We have a family cottage out on Harsens Island, and my Dad has the time now hes retired. Having to raise 4 boys, he didnt have much time to do much of anything for himself, but watch us at every sporting event we were in. So now its his turn to do something for himself, and he is loving every minute of it. So Cherish the LITTLE things in life, And teach someone how to FISH.

Mushy

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LT BUCK said:
That was great, thanks for sharing it. I also have ice fished Simcoe, an hooked on the river and have a duck boat. What kind and size boat do you have?
That's part of the problem.... they MADE me get rid of it and buy an 18 foot Tracker Targa....... Among other things!:D

It was a 16' flat bottom grumman

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MUSHY1 said:
Matt, Thanks for all the compliments, but i dont think my head can get any bigger, thus the name Mushhead......Original Orgin.....Custom ordered Football helmet to fit my Skull....Anyways, growing up, my dad was never a fisherman or Outdoorsman. I got into it because i was always interested in it. Having to cling onto Fathers of freinds that did(Thanks to the late Bob Cleland "The DuckHunter") for showing me how to catch the Silver Bullets. Always asking questions and watching and learning as much as I could. So, I feel that it is my obligation to teach what others have taught me. That is the best thing about this site, Talking, Teaching and Learning as much as i can about the best Past-time man has ever thought up. Fishing has taught me much about Life, and i think the best is yet to come.

Irronically, Im teaching my Dad how to fish now. We have a family cottage out on Harsens Island, and my Dad has the time now hes retired. Having to raise 4 boys, he didnt have much time to do much of anything for himself, but watch us at every sporting event we were in. So now its his turn to do something for himself, and he is loving every minute of it. So Cherish the LITTLE things in life, And teach someone how to FISH.

Mushy
Very nicely put Chris. I will aim to do the same someday.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I didn't want to tell you...But all those fish limits are styrafoam decoys I just change around....and the gps #'s I just made up....heck....Ive never even fished before!! I just like the clothes fisherman wear!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's half the fun, helping others out and seeing them out there enjoying the waters!! I love the Fall time when were all out on the Delphine hammering them eyes and laughing on the radio kidding around with each other....Good times for sure!!

Won't be too long now and I'll be switching gears towards perch....Hope to see you out there!! Kevin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts