Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a buck I have not seen so far this year. I think I got pics of him last year. Anyone care to guess how old?

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
looks like a beast. Could be the fluffy winter coat though.

Have you noticed that the deer notice the IR on your scoutgard alot? For example, this guy is staring right at it.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like a beast. Could be the fluffy winter coat though.

Have you noticed that the deer notice the IR on your scoutgard alot? For example, this guy is staring right at it.
The winter coat has me a little confused as to how old he may be?:dizzy:

They do pick up the IR glow. I have the cam set to take 3 shots per trigger, then trigger again after a 30 sec pause. I think this was the 3rd pic of a set, and he really did focus on it. I just liked this shot the best.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
The winter coat has me a little confused as to how old he may be?:dizzy:

They do pick up the IR glow. I have the cam set to take 3 shots per trigger, then trigger again after a 30 sec pause. I think this was the 3rd pic of a set, and he really did focus on it. I just liked this shot the best.
thats why I'm going to the RC-60 for my next cam. Too many pics of deer looking at the IR.

After thinking the 4 point at one of my hunting properties that was hit by a car was 3 1/2 and turning out it's 6 1/2, I'm holding out on making any more age guesses for 2008! :lol:

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Nice buck Ed. I don't know if it is just the way he is standing but he has a sagging belly and sway back. Loose skin on neck and the legs look to short for the body. I am going to say 5.5. I guess we will never know unless you do a ground check on him.:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Very nice deer I would guess 3.5 as well

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
Sway,sag, blocky look. Got everything a mature buck should have...He ain't a yearling. Other than that I have no idea. :D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Nice buck Ed! In our country I'm guessing minimum of 4 1/2. I've been incognito on this site for a while. I just got back and got another bruiser I'm going to post so I'm interested in your thoughts on age also...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts