Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy and I started out form the mouth, headed north west and set up just Past "A" bouy and headed for a north east troll. Took a two man limit and a bonus perch. Fished 2 oz inlines on one side and 2 oz bottom bouncers on the other side but the inlines took more fish... virtually running the same harnesses on both sides. Speed was in the 1.4-1.8. range running em back 34-40 feet back. Was not hot and heavy for us, but was fairly steady with the shorts. Not too much junk fish. Like some similar reports, anti-freeze, pink panties, and ??? not sure of the name but its a wolverine blade in antifreeze (front and back) with orange dots (black dot in the center) and a touch of pink/red in the edge of the blade. This one was on fire, fish actually tore one of em up, frayed the line up, cut through the mono in between the two hooks.

Not sure on depth, been battling an issue with my Garmin 3210 for the last month or so. Not getting power to the GSD unit. This has been a level ten head scratcher for sure. Worked fine last year. First time I used it this year, no power, WTH, power light on the sonar box does not come on. Have gotten another refurbished sonar from garmin - still did not work. Getting voltage through sonar power cord. Getting voltage reading at fuse block and went straight to battery - no power. Take GSD 22 and cord to west marine... confirmed power through cord, no power to GSD. Send re-furbished sonar back to garmin get another refurbished unit - no power. Order new power cable for sonar thinking it is shorting out when connected (inline fuse is good, not blowing, but dont know what else to try), install new cord - no power. So, i have gotten and tried two refurbished GSD units, new power cord, went directly to the battery, still dont have power to the GSD and am stumped. Have not disconnected any wires, checked all other wires for unit (should still get the power light to come on regardless with the pos and negative wires from the cord). I doubt garmin sent me two bad refurbished units, but cant find any place or know anyone with a GSD 22 set up where i could validate it. Garmin service has been pretty good, i did pay $90 for the original refurbished unit but they also gave me a new refurbished 3210 due to an issue I had with condensation forming behind the glass screen. Anyone have a similar problem with their sonar????

Attachments

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
thanks for the report,hopefully someone will chime in and help you out on that.wish i could help ya out on that one but stumped myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Andy glad to see your catching some fish. Talked to your mom the other night see said you might take a rider sometime. I think I have your cell # but I can get it from her or Mary I talk to Mary every week. Been to busy to get out yet my buddy over at Oakhurst did well last week he will be retirered after the 15th. So I will get a chance to fish with him soon. Back to work will talk to you soon. Ryan

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Andy glad to see your catching some fish. Talked to your mom the other night see said you might take a rider sometime. I think I have your cell # but I can get it from her or Mary I talk to Mary every week. Been to busy to get out yet my buddy over at Oakhurst did well last week he will be retirered after the 15th. So I will get a chance to fish with him soon. Back to work will talk to you soon. Ryan

Hey Ryan, have not been out too much with the weather and work, but that will be changing (hopefully - seems like tis been windy with North / Northease winds alot lately). Fishing is good and your more than welcome to go anytime. Got a fishing bachelor party going saturday and I am doing the Walleye for Warriors on Sunday, but can also do a mid week when you can make it up. Gonna try to get out as much as i can for the next month or so before these fish start disappearing.

Think I got my Garmin finally figured out... bad Network cable form display unit to GSD Unit. Will find out in a day or so when it gets here...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts