Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another nice buck from behind my house. I've only had a camera out back for 11 days now and I've gotten 9 deer on camera...7 bucks (3 that are 2.5yr) and 2 doe. Interesting ratio...

This image is from my Cuddeback Capture and has been zoomed significantly. Looks to be a 95-100" 7 point...by the body size, I'd say he's 2.5yr old. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
177 Posts
the buck to does ratio behind your house seems very good.I am also no expert at judging deer age but that seven pointer may be a very nice 1.5 yr old.His neck seems thin(may just be this time of yr)and he doesn't have the saggy belly.But thats just a guess.The Bath area can produce some nice 1.5 yr olds.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I'd say that Cudde Capture takes a pretty nice pic, especially when you consider that the pic was zoomed "significantly".:coolgleam

He's a nice buck. I don't think he would be much over 2.5 this fall, could very well be only his first set of antlers. Hard to age them this time of year.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I'm not the best on aging either but he appears to be a nice 2 year old or a very healthy 1 year old. Either way, if he makes it another year or two he will be VERY nice!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts