Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Booked my second charter with Captain Jay, and he did not disappoint.
Had a friend from Colorado want to be able to take some Walleye fillets back home, and Jay found the fish. All fish were caught in Michigan waters.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice job on the:fish:.

Do you now were you were or now the fow because we didnt do good at all this year. Our best day we got 11 walters,20 white perch,and 4 sheeps

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Thanks for the reports Boots. Had a great time....When are we going Elk hunting?

We started out at the numbers I had posted last week on this site, and then it slowed after the first couple of hours. We then moved North right along the MI/OH border to finish out our limits.

Today I went back out to where we had ended on Monday, and it was a whole new ballgame!! Strong Northeast winds made it VERY rough, along with yesterdays cold front, and the weeds.......Oh the weeds, weeds, weeds, weeds!!!!!!!!

We could not troll at all today, and ended up just drifting with bottom bouncers. Everyone had to hold a rod in their hand and stare at the line where it went into the water. Constantly moving the tip around to avoid the weeds.

We did end up pulling 14 eyes and 6 perch today, plus we lost several more right next to the boat. Even most of the ones we cought were unhooked in the net as soon as they were in it. VERY short bite today.

It's a little slower out there, but the fish are still there in MI waters.

Captain Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts