Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunted this am again, had a great hunt. Myself and two other duck hunters. We enjoyed the sleet and rain and watching the ducks flying around. Also enjoyed shooting a few. Had a nice ball of mallards dump in the decoys early....Shot two drakes and one hen with one shot...I was speechless. We had about 15 beating out of the decoys, and I just watched all three on the water....did not even shoot at the others....First true triple in one shot my life!!!....21 years of hunting....

Ended up with 3 Mallards, 3 Widgeon, 1 bluebill, 1 ringer, and 6 bufflehead. The cotton-tops were beautiful and the buffie drakes also!

Dog did a great job for us...12 for 14

Should have had a black also, but I think he was wearing a flak jacket.

Enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Nice Job......Mack

·
Registered
24 Posts
What are you doing that we are not, saw hundreds of birds all day, not one came down!!!! All of the parties at the boat launch had the same thing to say, so dont think it was a cover or calling issue. Great hunt and nice shooting, WELL DONE!!!.

Good looking dog too, glad you boys did well.

Tyler

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Sweet hunt...I was fortunate enough to get a triple last year. But, it was on a flock of about 15 GW that came buzzin' through. Picked one out and let it rip..to my surprise/delight 3 dropped!:yikes:....Pretty cool, congrats. Some great looking birds you got there and an awesome variety too!:coolgleam You cant beat that, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Tdaubitz...................If you put out 150+ decoys you are bound to shoot something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: Come out to Grand Mere and look its a refuge with SWMIH20FOWLER is on the pond:evil:. More decoys on the water more ducks in the boat.

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
i'll agree on the amount of decoys out will help....I layed down close to 90 deeks yesterday and today and it made a huge difference. all our shots were 15-20yrds feet down.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
i'll agree on the amount of decoys out will help....I layed down close to 90 deeks yesterday and today and it made a huge difference. all our shots were 15-20yrds feet down.
What happened to "I use 18 decoys the first day, the last day, and every day in between"? :16suspect

1 - 9 of 9 Posts